The Iowa Center for Public Affairs Journalism-IowaWatch.org released on Sept. 29, 2016, an annual report that shows accomplishments of the nonprofit, nonpartisan news organization in the past year:
- Sharing 36 IowaWatch stories that were published or aired 1,389 times by 128 news outlets – most of them from Iowa – in 2015.
- Successfully airing an award-winning, statewide radio program.
- Engaging student journalists at 10 Iowa colleges and universities to do work with statewide importance and engaging, for its first time, high school journalists who produced a statewide report.
- Being part of Humanities Iowa’s 2016 Pulitzer Prizes Campfire Initiative observance of the Pulitzer’s 100th anniversary.
- Being invited to tell others about our work by organizations such as the Newseum Institute, the Association for Education in Journalism and Mass Communication, Investigative Reporters and Editors, Iowa College Media Association, Iowa Broadcast News Association, Iowa Newspaper Association, New York Press Association and others.
We urge you to view our 2016 annual report and our IRS 990 tax return for 2015 here:
The Iowa Center is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit charity. To learn how we are funded, and to make a tax deductible donation go to this link.